View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:05 AM

captaininsano is on a distinguished road

captaininsano is on a distinguished road
Great writeup. Especially warthogs post #39 on page three. Exactly what I needed to get parts wise on my fluid flush and pan cleaning. I had a 2007 sport AWD with just over 101k miles. From what I can tell the one owner in denver before me gave it an easy commuter life so no towing. Clearly had never been changed as I couldn't find a paper trail in the maintenance records plus my fluid looked like badly used motor oil. So it was much needed. I was also experiencing rougher than what I thought was acceptable shifts from 4 to 5 under load uphill. Especially when on cruise at 80. Shifts butter smooth now...I assume close to when it was new.

I used Toyota WS fluid. It's the transmission so my opinion is just use oem since it is such a sensitive piece of equipment. Otherwise I don't mind using aftermarket fluids.

I also replaced the strainer. Well worth the 40$ in my opinion. Inside of my pan had a thin film of sludge especially around the 4 magnets. No big metal particles which I'm happy about.

Used 13.5 quarts all in all.

Took about 25 minutes to go from cold to temp check range as it was 30degrees ambient outside.

2007 also has the moved exhaust crossover so no need on that year or later for removing the crossover when doing the pan drop.

The fortech link in here somewhere is also a good idea to look at for the process.