Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 07:54 PM

Oldmanb777 has a spectacular aura about Oldmanb777 has a spectacular aura about

Oldmanb777 has a spectacular aura about Oldmanb777 has a spectacular aura about
The fact that the torque curve is so much lower rpm on the V-8 makes for a much better driving experience. Putting a lift on and bigger tires will have a negative effect on ride, but maybe worth it. You might want to look at better skid plates early on. The cover on the gas tank,specifically, only covers part of the tank. Wrapping the front bumper is probably a waiste, since its going to be scaraficial anyway. It's in the way, and plastic. Just like the running boards, if you plan to do much out in the rocky mountain west, you'll probably need something else for running boards and bumpers. It should do just like the 4 runner, since its the same suspension,frame, etc. Just a bit taller and with taller tires. The TRD pro has a locker in the rear, and the GX doesn't, but other than that, its should do as well or better than any stock limited 4 runner.
I have only done some very light roads with ours as of now. I think it will do well. Needs more suspension travel. The upstroke in the rear is very poor and limited. It hits the bumpstops quickely. but what it is short of on up stroke, it make up for on down stroke.
Very nice cars for sure, and with a truck platform, it will work hard when needed.
Congrats. I want to see what you do to yours. I probably won't do too much to ours, but would like to be able to fit the winch on the multi mount, and get rid of that hideous front bumper. But its the wifes daily driver, so got to be careful what I do.
Oldmanb777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote