View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 08:57 AM

bjb2128 is on a distinguished road

bjb2128 is on a distinguished road
Thought I’d add my 2 cents after lurking in the forum for several weeks-feverishly eating up every Bilstein 5100 scrap that was thrown to me.
I was torn between going back with an Icon Lift kit(had stage 1 with Pro comp control arms on my previous 5th Gen 4Runner(came with it) or going with the Bilstein 5100 all around (front at 2.5”) and using a 1.5” daystar coil spacer in the rear, using the procomp control arms. This was all about saving money for me.
I got the set put on and have put a couple hundred miles on it- and it 100% is a better ride than the Icon setup I previously had. It is also a much better ride than the stock setup. The potholes are handled much easier and it is a much better daily driver.
I was worried I was going to be cutting corners and going the cheap route, but this was 100% the route to go for me.
I have a deer lease that I need some ground clearance and it has some rough trails and the 4Runner has performed great so far. For those of you on the fence, who really only do minor off-roading and use your 4Runner as your DD- this is the route to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bjb2128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote