Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 02:38 PM

4Rager is on a distinguished road

4Rager is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
It's a dumb system that doesn't tell you which tire is involved or what the pressure is, or if there is just fault with the system.

GMs and other cars will give you pressure readouts for each tire in real time (are they super accurate, no, but close enough).
I agree it's dumb that it doesn't tell you which tire it is, but it still alerts you to address the issue.

This is completely off topic, but back when I was considering replacing the head unit that's why I was interested in iDatalink Maestro. In addition to integrating the steering wheel controls and all that, you can use it to access vehicle diagnostic data like oil temp/pressure and also the individual tire pressures from the tpms system. Hopefully this will be addressed in the next 4Runner, since my friend has a TRDP Tacoma and the HUD in the instrument cluster is full color and will show tire pressure among many other things.
2014 Trail Edition Premium w/KDSS - 3" Suspension Lift - FOX 2.5 DSC Coilovers - FOX 2.0 IFP Shocks - OME 3" Springs - LR UCA's - Metaltech Sliders - XD Enduro Pro Wheels - 285/70r17 BFG KO2's - Kenwood 5 Channel Amp w/ JBL speakers and JL 12" W3V3 - K&N intake - HID low beams - TRS LED Fogs
4Rager is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote