View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 01:20 PM
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
I find this interesting so I looked for an available space in my area. There's one in my area (California Bay Area) in San Mateo, 27 miles away from me. They want $45/hour. The guy that runs the place says he will help which is cool, but who knows how good he is. There's also tools there you can use, but again, what if he's lacking a critical tool you need.

That seems pretty steep to me. For that price, you may as well just pay a shop to do it that charges around $100/hour and not have to spend the time wrenching. Another concern is what happens if you run into a snag and can't get your rig running or back together. I guess you'd then be forced to tow it out of there or continue to pay by the hour during their hours of operation.

I feel for people who like to do their own wrenching but don't have the space to do it in. Definitely one of the downsides to apartment living.