View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 01:45 PM
Elite Member

97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future
Elite Member

97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future
Before I even picked her up at the dealership I was already ordering parts for it, so she didn't stay stock very long. Owned this thing less than a week, already ordered custom brackets to mount my LED bar that I removed from the 08, and I also ordered a OCD console organizer, as well as an armrest storage organizer, the console in this thing is huge, so this will help keeping things nice and orderly.

Within a month the modding had begun, since the air filters are different I couldn't transfer my last K&N to this truck I had to bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Truck only had 1000 miles on it so the factory one is still brand new, put that away for if/when I ever trade this guy in.

Nice and shiny engine bay, it's weird working on a brand new truck, all the bolts are shiny and silver. It's officially not a brand new truck anymore, because I lost a clip lol

Threw in my SilverStar Ultra high beam bulbs from my old truck while I was at it.

While I was working on the truck more goodies were arriving.

Well I got the door panel off, and was all set to install my 6x9's from my last truck in the doors, only to find out that they changed the screw holes and the adapter bracket that I've had for 2 4Runners will not work on this truck.

So since it was a nice day and I wanted to get something done I went to work swapping out all of the halogen bulbs with high power bright white SMD led bulbs from FyreFlys

I got the dome, all 4 doors, and license plates switched out

I tried to get a shot of the dome, but I don't think it was dark enough

I love how bright these things are, the license plate LED's are SUPER freaking bright! I also replaced the reverse light bulbs, but hard to get a picture with your vehicle in reverse on the hill even with the parking brake on, but they're the same bulbs as these

Also, since I lost a clip the other day when I was putting in the high beam bulbs and I said the truck "wasn't new anymore" since I lost the clip, I had to rectify that...

Here's a couple better pics of the LED bulbs, I was only doing small mods since winter was approaching

Rear tailgate

Dome and map lights, outside the truck

Dome and mirror with the door open, these map lights are insanely bright

A shot from the back of the 2 domes

I swapped the puddle lights in the mirrors out, and now you can actually see them at night lol. Taking the mirrors apart was nerve racking and stressful but not overly complicated, still a lot of work just to change out a damn lightbulb though!

2017 Nautical Blue SR5 Premium - Black Emblems, AFE 76mm TB, AFE Momentum GT Intake, URD MAF Calibrator, Borla Touring Cat-Back Exhaust, VR ECU Tune, RCI Skid Plate, Morimoto MLED 2.0 Headlight Retrofit, Morimoto LED Fogs, Eagle Eye Smoked Black Tail Lights, FyreFlys LED Interior, Meso Puddle Lights, Tinted Mirror Turn Signals, Smoked Amber Raptor Lights, Odyssey 34 Battery, 32" LED Bar with Rago Hidden Brackets, Rago Molle Panels, Side Shooter LED Ditch Lights, sPod w/ PowerTray, Raceline Matte Bronze Wheels w/ Cooper Discoverer RTX, CaliRaised Rock Sliders, BajaRack Full Length Roof Rack, Kenwood DMX1057XR, Infinity Kappa Door Speakers and 3.5's in dash, JL 8w3v3 in JBL Enclosure, Husky Weather Beaters, Blackvue DR900S Dash Cams

Last edited by 97BlackAckCL; 05-24-2018 at 02:14 PM.
97BlackAckCL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote