View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 01:46 PM
Elite Member

97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future
Elite Member

97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future
Got a number of small projects checked off the list all at once. I had some wiring that I wanted to clean up, a new battery to install, and some LED markers for the Raptor mod that I wanted to add, as well as a TRD Intake piece. So here's a quick run down of some of the work I did. The engine bay was dirty and had some salt residue from the winter so I wanted to detail that too while I was in there. Here's a before

First mod was the TRD airflow accelerator piece from the TRD intake, I didn't really want to spend the 3-400 bucks especially since I already dropped some coin on the K&N Drop in filter which isn't compatible with the TRD (go figure). So I picked up this piece for like $10, this is one of the main components of the TRD intake and threw it on

A before of the stock intake piece

So for $10 I figured I'd throw this piece on which is designed to go into that inlet and force more air in from the fenderwell and not the engine bay, notice it even has the TRD stamp on it

So I mounted this sucker up, here you can see the difference in the air flow.

The notches don't line up between the stock air box and the TRD piece (go figure) so I threw on a hose clamp to seal it and keep it in place. This hose clamp was actually from my old dryer vent lol

After I got the intake all reassembled and cleaned up I moved on to the next project on the list, the raptor mod. I got these from another member on here and they were brand new, so I got a good deal on them and they came prewired and ready to install.

Install was pretty straight forward, just zip ties, I'm debating if I want to modify these at some point to go behind the grille to match the stealthier look of the light bar or if it's even worth the effort

Unfortunately for me the fuse box changed at some point so I had to buy a different fuse tap, but big deal I still saved a bunch on this kit and didn't have to make my own so I grabbed one on Amazon

Testing out the lights

And here they are all installed, I tapped a spare fuse so that they only come on when the key is in the ignition or the vehicle is running so they act as day time running lights, mainly because my 08 had amber corner DRL's and the 4Runner's DRL's are the highbeams, so the amber is a nice touch

My original thought was to tap the amber corners so that they came on as driving lights like others have done on here, but the fuse tap was super simple

And now time for the new battery! It had been sitting on the landing by my front door for a couple months, so I'm sure the gf was happy to see the box gone, she commented on it as soon as she got home lol, and I was happy to see it go where it belongs!

Since this is a smaller form factor I also grabbed the spacer to ensure proper height, I've dealt with this on Optimas in the past, but never had to actually buy a separate spacer... But it was only 5 bucks so whatever

And here's the battery all completed and mounted like it belongs there

And here's the money shot! After I got everything all bolted up and put back together. I could have sworn that I took an after engine bay shot all cleaned up and detailed with the new battery but apparently I didn't. I was too happy to get everything back together and get the truck moved before the gf got home.

I'm loving this truck more and more each day!
2017 Nautical Blue SR5 Premium - Black Emblems, AFE 76mm TB, AFE Momentum GT Intake, URD MAF Calibrator, Borla Touring Cat-Back Exhaust, VR ECU Tune, RCI Skid Plate, Morimoto MLED 2.0 Headlight Retrofit, Morimoto LED Fogs, Eagle Eye Smoked Black Tail Lights, FyreFlys LED Interior, Meso Puddle Lights, Tinted Mirror Turn Signals, Smoked Amber Raptor Lights, Odyssey 34 Battery, 32" LED Bar with Rago Hidden Brackets, Rago Molle Panels, Side Shooter LED Ditch Lights, sPod w/ PowerTray, Raceline Matte Bronze Wheels w/ Cooper Discoverer RTX, CaliRaised Rock Sliders, BajaRack Full Length Roof Rack, Kenwood DMX1057XR, Infinity Kappa Door Speakers and 3.5's in dash, JL 8w3v3 in JBL Enclosure, Husky Weather Beaters, Blackvue DR900S Dash Cams

Last edited by 97BlackAckCL; 05-24-2018 at 02:33 PM.
97BlackAckCL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote