View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 06:51 PM

1GRYT4R is an unknown quantity at this point

1GRYT4R is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up The New 4th Generation Toyota 4Runner

Hello fellow T4R owners,

After reading all the different threads regarding the solid quality and reputation of the T4R, its no wonder why I, too, elected to purchase a 2005 T4R SR5 V8 2WD. I love this SUV! I first learned of its qualities when my wife and I first purchased one back in 1997. I believe it was a 3rd Generation 4Runner back then. For your information, we still have it and have added some mods to it. Regarding the 4th Generation 4Runners, the new enhanced V8 engine with its added 35hp making 270hp is sweet and reacts on the fly.

As a matter of fact, let me tell you how the Toyota 4Runner quality, reliability and ruggedness have put a dent here in Hawaii.
I believe since 1998-99, the 3rd generation 4Runners have been adopted into duty as with several other brand vehicles as a police subsidize vehicle. By this, I mean that the Honolulu Police Department made studies and checked specifications which have put the Toyota 4Runner as a contender in the subsidize patrol vehicle field. This means that qualified motor patrol officers of the Honolulu Police Department can choose the 4Runners as their own patrol vehicles. In speaking with motor patrol officers, they all have one comment in common. They all favor the quality and reliability of the T4R.

As a matter of fact, till today, the Toyota 4Runner has still been one of the choices as a subsidized vehicle. The Honolulu Police Department's policy on Police Subsidize Vehicles allows the vehicle's duty service time from time of purchase up to 8 years with the officer applying for a 2 year extension on a year to year basis.

Today, there are 4th Generation 4Runners making approximately 76 percent of the subsidize patrol vehicle fleet. When walking through the Honolulu Police Department police garage, you will see an abundance of 4th Generation 4Runners with blue lights atop their roofs! Nuff said!

1GRYT4R
1GRYT4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote