Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 06:08 AM

thezentree is a jewel in the rough thezentree is a jewel in the rough thezentree is a jewel in the rough thezentree is a jewel in the rough

thezentree is a jewel in the rough thezentree is a jewel in the rough thezentree is a jewel in the rough thezentree is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSD_42 View Post
Glad to see you started a build thread. Looks like a nice truck. Family is great, especially when you get a good deal and no bad feelings.

How do you like that ToyTec Boss lift? Seems like a hot topic these days.
I'm glad it worked out like it did, although I think my sister and my brother in law especially regret selling it now that they see how well it's cleaned up.
She loves her 5th gen though and I think it probably helps her business image to have a new vehicle.

I do really like the BOSS kit. It seems like a great entry-level coilover shock and I've made good use of the fine tuning to set the ride height where I want it (~2.5"). I'm honestly kind of glad the Eibach kit ended up being such an issue, otherwise I probably would have just dealt with the stiff ride.

For those of you who may not know, the front shocks in the pictures above are the Eibach springs and shocks that I no longer have. Good quality, but way too much spring rate for a stock, unarmored 4Runner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansnxtweek View Post
Now we're talking! Good job on getting this thread rolling. I need to do the same! Man that headliner was gross! Mine is a lot the same. Holy smokes on that initial camber hahah. Were you able to use the SPCs to get it to a somewhat driveable camber to get it somewhere to get it aligned?

And yeah Brian^^^...I guess I have assisted in this Boss lift talk haha. I'm definitely curious how he has liked it too. I'm really thinking about going with that setup. Just seems too easy for a good price.
Yeah cleaning the headliner made a world of difference on the interior. It might actually be what made me decide to really try to keep the 4Runner nice instead of hacking the fenders to clear 35s and then bouncing it off trees. I'm very glad it's worked out like that since this thing is relatively rust-free.

As for the camber, I just left it like that for the drive to the tire shop haha. The tires that were on it were trashed and the shop was only a couple of miles, so I hooptie'd it on down the road. The SPC arms are great though - it clears 33s almost completely with the caster set to E. I still need to flatten the pinch weld but the rubbing is pretty minor and I'm running 32s these days anyway.

Can't say enough good things about the BOSS kit. I've got 550lb/in springs on it and it rides like a Cadillac. If I change them out for different shocks, the new ones will say King on the side. Or maybe I'll just perpetually have plans to go four wheeling fall through and it'll live out the rest of its days as a mall crawler. Who knows.