Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Elite Member

97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future
Elite Member

97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future 97BlackAckCL has a brilliant future
Had a nice cool afternoon yesterday so I was able to get out and do some more work on the truck, first here's a better pic of how I ran the wiring for the engine bay light behind the hood skirt since I didn't really take one the other day.

A few months back, Rago Fab had a "Garage Sale" and had some ditch light brackets along with 6 LED ditch light pods on sale for a ridiculous price, and the whole package cost less than their brackets normally, so I jumped on them. I never really thought I would be putting these on the truck, but for the price and the chance to supplement my 32" LED bar, I said wth. The brackets mount right to the hood bolts and open and close with the hood.

Here they are all installed, I think they'll compliment my black on blue theme nicely.

Getting the lights mounted was the trickiest part, once I got the brackets figured out, I went to work on the wiring.

Wanted to make it as simple and clean as I could so I used connectors, usually I'd just solder and be done with it.

I originally tried fishing the passenger side wire through the hood, but my gf wasn't home and I didn't have anyone to help me fish it out the other side, after about 20 minutes I gave up and ran it along the firewall where I plan to run my amp power wire. I was OCD and tucked it way back and ziptied it up so you can't see any of it and it's nice and stealth.

Then I connected the wires and packaged them all up nice with some heatshrink, after that i wrapped the whole thing in electrical tape and tucked the wires down and ziptied them out of sight.

Here you can see the wiring all tied up and neat, I tried to make it as clean as possible so it's out of the way.

Here's the lights all mounted up on the hood and wired up.

I'm still getting used to them being there, driving this morning with them in view was interesting, I'm debating getting a low profile bracket that would lower them a bit, but for what I paid for the whole set I am very happy with them.

And the aftermath, you can see just how many zipties I used lol, but it looks clean and stealthy in the engine bay.

I didn't get a chance to wire up the switch on the inside, I got the wires fished into the cabin but had to go to dinner with the gf, so I will finish that up this evening.
2017 Nautical Blue SR5 Premium - Black Emblems, AFE 76mm TB, AFE Momentum GT Intake, URD MAF Calibrator, Borla Touring Cat-Back Exhaust, VR ECU Tune, RCI Skid Plate, Morimoto MLED 2.0 Headlight Retrofit, Morimoto LED Fogs, Eagle Eye Smoked Black Tail Lights, FyreFlys LED Interior, Meso Puddle Lights, Tinted Mirror Turn Signals, Smoked Amber Raptor Lights, Odyssey 34 Battery, 32" LED Bar with Rago Hidden Brackets, Rago Molle Panels, Side Shooter LED Ditch Lights, sPod w/ PowerTray, Raceline Matte Bronze Wheels w/ Cooper Discoverer RTX, CaliRaised Rock Sliders, BajaRack Full Length Roof Rack, Kenwood DMX1057XR, Infinity Kappa Door Speakers and 3.5's in dash, JL 8w3v3 in JBL Enclosure, Husky Weather Beaters, Blackvue DR900S Dash Cams
97BlackAckCL is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote