Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 10:24 PM

kevintrisha is on a distinguished road

kevintrisha is on a distinguished road
Finally fixed......dead quiet.....thank you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSR5 View Post
OK, here are the pictures for the fix, sorry I took so long.

This first picture is of the general area. Note that this fix needs to be done to both sides of the vehicle. And even though the sounds you might here sound like they are coming from somewhere else (much like mine did) this is actually where they are originating.

After reading this whole thread, i did the following and IT IS FIXED. THANKYOU.

1. Worked a 5 inch long 3/16"ID 5/16"OD clear hose onto the sunroof rod noted in this thread.
2. Cleaned all the painted areas that the sunroof rubber touches when closed.
3. Sprayed Heavy Duty Silicone on the sunroof rubber that I could get to and also all of the painted areas that sunroof rubber touches.
4. I closed the sunroof immediately after spraying the silicone to let it coat the rubber that i could not get to.

Drove it all over the place with the worst bumpy roads and it was dead quiet.

AWESOME FIX. How many times did I slam my hands onto the ceiling to get the noise to go away????? Same number of times as everyone else.

Last edited by kevintrisha; 06-03-2018 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Picture did not go in the last time.
kevintrisha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote