Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 01:43 AM

Charles4x4 will become famous soon enough Charles4x4 will become famous soon enough

Charles4x4 will become famous soon enough Charles4x4 will become famous soon enough
Now that the vision is laid, let’s get into the actual build:
Phase 0: Buy a solid 4th Gen 4Runner that fits our build plan!

Requirements:
’06-09 4Runner, Low Miles (~100K), V8, 4WD, Sport or Limited Trim - it has to both race and look good while racing 😊

I’m pleased to announce that Phase 0 is now complete. How?

Over the past 12-months, I have been buying, restoring, and selling 1st Gen SR5 Turbo 4Runners on the side and putting the profit aside for my KOH build. As an answer to a prayer, I was able to post and sell my latest 4Runner and my fully built 80-Series Land Cruiser – both the same week.

The proceeds from these sales allowed me to:
1) Buy a daily driver for me (another 1st Gen SR5 Turbo 4Runner – for some reason I just love them)
2) Buy the KOH Base Vehicle ready for transformation
3) Build the Budget for Phase 1 and 2 KOH Parts

It’s pretty amazing how God can align the stars. Selling the 4Runner and Land Cruiser in 1 week and then concurrently buying another DD 4Runner and the KOH 4Runner all within a span of less than 2-weeks was amazing, and a great reaffirmation that this KOH build is meant to be.

So, here it is – along with a picture of it towing my 1st gen SR5 Turbo home that will serve as my daily driver.
Attached Images
Steel City Racing: King of the Hammers 2019 Toyota 4Runner IFS 4600 Build Thread-06-4runner-1-jpg  Steel City Racing: King of the Hammers 2019 Toyota 4Runner IFS 4600 Build Thread-06-4runner-2-jpg  Steel City Racing: King of the Hammers 2019 Toyota 4Runner IFS 4600 Build Thread-06-4runner-3-jpg  Steel City Racing: King of the Hammers 2019 Toyota 4Runner IFS 4600 Build Thread-06-4runner-4-jpg 
Charles4x4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote