View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 11:52 PM

Hoss_Ballsnapper is on a distinguished road

Hoss_Ballsnapper is on a distinguished road
Arrow Help Me Decide: SR5 Premium or TRD Offroad Premium...

Okay folks, 2nd time around here for me...

after the deer strike and totaling of our brand spankin' new 2018 TRD Offroad Premium (a mere 11 days after taking delivery of it and with 500 miles on the odometer) and all the insurance bullshit that I've had to go through (2WD versus 4WD... Help Me: ), it's time to pull the trigger once again but...

I've got two OTD prices this time on two different 4Runners and I've about driven myself nuts over splitting financial hairs.

Long story short, we made 3k over our price on the first 4Runner (because we got a very nice deal that first time) and as things got closer to being finished with our insurer my brain started going into "that's a nice little bit of money... I wonder if I could save even more by bumping down to a SR5 Premium 4x4?" followed by, "I don't know if I'll ever truly use all those bells & whistles on that first TRD Offroad Premium anyway, and really do I even care about the wheels, hood scoop, red stitching and badges?" -- a mind with too much time on its hands can be a very strange thing indeed, and I've had too much time lately for thinking.

Truthfully, we will -at most- drive the thing offroad (and then, mainly fire roads and forest trails -- no crawling) about 10% of its lifetime... and yes, we intend to keep it until end of life (hopefully no more deer are in my future).

So, I'll put it to you all...

#1. 2018 SR5 Premium 4x4 w/moonroof... OTD at $36,000.00

#2. 2018 TRD Offroad Premium 4x4 w/moonroof... OTD at $37,850.00

and why?
Hoss_Ballsnapper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote