Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 03:09 AM

AZDesertRat is on a distinguished road

AZDesertRat is on a distinguished road
Help! Insanely squeaky front suspension! OME BP-51

Hello all and thanks in advance for any advice or info!

I've got a 5th Gen, T4R SR5, 40K miles

Suspension: OME BP-51 system front and rear

My problem is over the course of the past week I've developed a loud squeak or creaking noise and I believe it's isolated to the passenger front. The OME suspension system has been quiet and flawless for the 20K miles that I've owned it and was installed by the previous owner.

The noise sounds like an old metal bed frame squeaking and as previously stated it's been getting worse over a weeks time. It makes the noise anytime there is any movement with the cab and can be duplicated just by getting in and out of the vehicle.

I've already tried greasing, lubricating, cleaning etc. any and all parts of that passenger front suspension system including all control arm bushings and ball joints....and the noise hasn't changed!

The vehicle has been lightly used and all the bushings throughout the front end look good. I can't pin point exactly where the noise is coming from because it's so loud and vibrates all the components in that area.

Since I've already tried lubricating everything without success I'm left wondering if it's the shock itself and maybe something internal with it? The vibrations from the squeak are definitely resonating within the coil and the shock but I can't tell if it's moreso than what I'm feeling thru the control arms at same time.

Thanks again in advance for any advice or info! Jim-
AZDesertRat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote