Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 04:46 PM

Agent_Outside is just really nice Agent_Outside is just really nice Agent_Outside is just really nice Agent_Outside is just really nice

Agent_Outside is just really nice Agent_Outside is just really nice Agent_Outside is just really nice Agent_Outside is just really nice
I temporarily got it hooked up to verify function.

Next, I modified the front plate a bit, I shape the front plate to match the contour of the bumper so it's not hanging down and blocking light output.

To get a good starting point with aiming the light I measured all 4 corners to the face of the lower grill and adjusted it all completely square and level.

Next up was the switch side wiring of the harness. I wanted to make as small of a hole as possible in the firewall grommet so I used one of my terminal tools and removed the connector, this way I can tape the wires up to a zip tie and pull a relatively small mass through the grommet.

Stagger the wires a bit to keep the bulk down.

Size comparison of the harness connector to my way.

I poked the corner of razor blade into the harness boot and stretched the hole out with the harness to keep a nice tight seal.

I ran this harness along the factory harness again to keep it clean looking.

with that stuff in the cabin I put the terminals back into the connector so nothing would touch and went back under the hood. I wanted to get the under hood stuff finished because I was running low on time. So working on the power and ground setup the power wire was absolutely going to have to be extended for a clean install if you're running their harness and relay holder together so I started messing around with that. First thing I noticed is how bad the fuse holder it. I pulled the terminal because I needed to extend the wiring and I’d rather have room to work. This is how bad the fitment to the actual blade of the fuse is. I'm going to cut this thing out and use a proper one that has better contact and is actually sealed up for use in exterior applications. But for now, it went in as is.
Rago-024vid

I extended the wiring using the excess that I cut out earlier and sealed it up.

The fuse holder is just kind of sitting there since again, I'm going to cut it out and use something more appropriate to the application and it doesn't really have a way to be mounted besides double sided tape.

I reused the shielding that I cut off the harness earlier for a little extra protection on the power wire and to help hide it and make it blend in. The power wire is zip tied to route along the negative cable heading towards the engine.

I pulled the wiring right up along the positive cable and bolted it to the terminal.

Agent_Outside is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote