Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 09:55 PM

Johns06yota has a spectacular aura about Johns06yota has a spectacular aura about

Johns06yota has a spectacular aura about Johns06yota has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapmeet View Post
Hello, I've tried searching in a variety of ways and can't find an answer. So hopefully this isn't a wasted new post.

Decelerating/ braking creates a vibration in the Driveshaft or U-joint. My truck is a 07 4x4 V8 lifted 3.5+" on Radflo 2.5 shocks, which are very soft. Because of the softness, I get a lot of nose dive when braking, so I think it exacerbates the issue.
I've always had a minor vibration when accelerating hard, and still do. This feels similar, but much more exaggerated.

My thought is that its either pinion angle or the slip yolk. I remember people saying it helped to get a driveshaft spacer if you lifted your truck because of the slip yolk. Is this still a thing?

I'm looking at adjustable arms for the rear, but I don't want to pull the trigger until i'm sure it'll resolve my problem.

In case anyone feels compelled to ask, its not the brakes. 100% sure.

Thanks
Are you completely sure the vibration is in the driveshaft because I was getting a vibration on deceleration and coasting from about 40 down to 20 but went away in 4wd (indicates bad needle bearing) Maybe this helps
Johns06yota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote