View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 11:10 PM

tfxpzeke01 is an unknown quantity at this point

tfxpzeke01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by 004Gunner
I would not recommend the jack up and spin method. I had to replace my entire rear and tried that method with no luck. The codes on the door jamb are worthless and the dealerships were lost in the sauce on it as well as the salvage yards. The best is absolutely to take apart diff and count teeth. Terrible I know. I finally found some random sight highlighting the 4:30 rear on the '00 limited with rear diff lock and shift on the fly 4x. I went with it and it was right.
Hmmm, well, this really is isn't feasible for me. I don't have the tools, the time, nor the "know how" to attempt what you recommend.

I found a website that is pretty informative and even he recommends to "spin n count" method. Why wouldn't it work?

Here is the website I found: http://home.4x4wire.com/erik/diffs/

tfxpzeke01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote