Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 12:58 PM

ray k is on a distinguished road

ray k is on a distinguished road
The reason I ask is that I've got a car with over 300k with the original studs. I guarantee that with all the tires I've bought they have been overtorqued more than I'd like to think about and a wheel has never fallen off. I agree stretching studs weakens them but I don't understand why these are failing withing 100k
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda250xtitan View Post
I'd argue they are better quality then the OEM studs. The front OEM studs are incredibly short too for whatever reason. They (spidertrax studs) just saw a lot more stress due to shops using impacts on those studs when rotating the tires, doing the recent brake job, etc.

Don't use impacts, use a torque wrench. Check the torque periodically.
ray k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote