Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 04:15 PM

Spaceman is an unknown quantity at this point

Spaceman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by golfinw71
Does anyone know if the tires would work without the 2/1 cornfed lift? And if so, how much rubbing would there be? I have a chance to buy a set at a really good price and was thinking about putting them on.
I'm trying to link back to an earlier post. This is a big tire that's working well on an 08 without a lift. Hope this works.

275/70r17 GYW SA Pictures!! Sorry for the delay.
Here's the 275/70r17 GYW SA pictures I promised. Sorry for the delay. I liked these tires over the BFG T/A's because they provide the off road ruggedness but without the very rough look.

I think they are taller than the spec 32.2" They increased ground clearance over the original 265/65r17's by slightly more than 1 inch.

So far, all is great. The 275/70r17 GYW SA tires are working just fine with no lift or other mods needed. However I did move the front plastic inter-fender piece a little more forward, very easy. 3 screws into plastic at the bottom.

Not noisy.
6.3% error in odometer, no big deal.
Not sure about MPG yet.

The very slight rubbing of the UCA, only at full turn, is of no concern and totally negligible.

Spaceman has attached this image:

Setup to tow behind MH
Waiting to add leveling kit.

Shame on Toyota!! Lied to me bigtime about gnd clearance.
Documents claim 9.1", they delivered 7.5".
Clearance now 10.5"
Setup to tow behind motorhome.

Last edited by Spaceman; 04-02-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Spaceman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote