Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 04:32 PM

williamteichroeb is on a distinguished road

williamteichroeb is on a distinguished road
camping trips in August

We decided to do an overnight trip from Harrison Lake to Boston Bar. I believe it's about 120-130 kms through mostly easy forest service roads. The trip takes you close to some hot springs which we stopped at, called Clear Creek. We then went over a very high mountain pass, which had some deep wash outs and some technical terrain.

Sanmyaku build thread-side-side-jpg

Sanmyaku build thread-front-view-vehicle-jpg

Sanmyaku build thread-side-view-landcruiser-jpg

The road then descends into the Nahatlatch valley where there is some amazing camping.

This is the fire lookout tower. We couldn't really see anything as the smoke from all the wildfires was very thick.

Sanmyaku build thread-nahatlatch-tower-jpg

Sanmyaku build thread-4wdabc-jpg

Sanmyaku build thread-nahatlatch-jpg

It was a very steep climb for a good 15 minutes, so I opened my hood to let the vehicle cool down, while we ate, and hung out. I had her in 4lo for the climb to help the tranny, and for the descent to save the brakes
Sanmyaku build thread-after-steep-climb-jpg

All in all, an amazing trip with some friends that we met at the overland rally.

Hope to do another trip soon with these guys!!

build thread: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-ge...ld-thread.html
williamteichroeb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote