View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 08:49 AM

Skahn21 is on a distinguished road

Skahn21 is on a distinguished road
I drove a GX

This weekend I drove a GX460 and quite honestly...I thought it was underwhelming. I guess I expected it to be so much more than a 4runner - so much more luxurious, so much more powerful, so much more comfortable. It just wasn't.
I'm starting to rethink this whole luxury thing. For less money, less miles, and less headache (expensive servicing, buttons everywhere, ect.) I'm leaning towards a 4runner Limited. All of the research I have done says that the Limited is not only a great choice for a road-tripper, but also extremely capable offroad. It has the ground clearance. It has the 4wd systems and offroad tech, it has the legendary build quality of a 4runner. I've been looking online at some of the Limiteds and they are 3-4k less than the GX and have under 50k miles. It seems like the better option for me. I still get the stuff that I will use everyday - upgraded stereo, cooled seats, leather, parking sensors, ect. with the option that if I want to do some offroading and switch out the shocks, of throw on some skids, the parts are there for me.

I guess it will really come down to how much these things cost when I'm ready to buy and how fair the dealer is when trading in my current car.

-Spencer