Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 10:02 PM

Toffees will become famous soon enough Toffees will become famous soon enough

Toffees will become famous soon enough Toffees will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by epjfsa View Post
Aftermarket with carplay/android auto is the way to go. I as almost ready to trade in the 4runner for something with android auto because I really do need maps on a larger screen on the dash without resorting to ram mounts or doing something that I find unacceptable to a new vehicle. That said, going with an aftermarket stereo (Kenwood DMX905S) was a great choice and made me 100% content with the 4runner.

But, you'll struggle to decide what to do regarding the dash kit. Scosche is far better quality than Metra (though Scosche is still kind of...meh), but only Metra currently makes one that's painted black. Some people here have painted their Scosche dash kit, which I still plan to do despite having just installed the black Metra version.
I haven't done the conversion in this vehicle, but it's definitely worth the effort to have it professionally painted.
Toffees is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote