Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 12:36 PM

mark@eibach will become famous soon enough

mark@eibach will become famous soon enough
Hey everyone, I thought it would be helpful to jump on and answer any questions you may have. Just for clarification, I'm only here to educate.

Full Disclosure: I'm in the marketing department, BUT I've owned 4 Tacomas, 2 of which were/are wheeled regularly. Additionally, I've become a bit of a damper nerd and enjoy talking shock. Anything I can't answer myself will be a direct response from R&D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimby View Post
I originally bought some Bilstein 5100's but keep hearing they ride pretty stiff with the valving being digressive. I ended up returning them before putting them on.

I've heard the Eibach ride height adjustable front shocks have progressive valving but can't find anything on their website about it. Anyone know for sure?

Each damper is vehicle specific with it's own valving. There are variances in how we valve different types of suspension, but it is safe to generalize our Toyota product (independent front) as digressive with strategically placed bleed for a progressive feel at low speed and a steep midspeed knee in the rebound to help control G-outs and big dips etc. This simulates the linear control you get out of the big shocks.

We use digressive piston design on both compression and rebound sides of the piston, but our use of preload and bleed give the shocks a linear feel at high speed (whoops, dips etc.) This translates to a great balance of control on the street (not too wollowy) with compliance in the dirt (sucks up big bumps, drops, G-outs and gets you back in control)

Last edited by mark@eibach; 09-20-2018 at 01:30 PM.
mark@eibach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote