Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 09:40 AM

Arild is on a distinguished road

Arild is on a distinguished road
Ah the endless war against smoke... I guess we have to learn to live with it. It's inevitable with 20+ year old diesels with many km's. Only a serious engine rebuild could fix that i think.

So we're back from holiday (sadly) and filled her up with 48.99L diesel after 567km. That's 8.64L per 100km. I'ts difficult to believe but if it's true than i should be verry happy with it! No sign of smoke during the way back btw.

Anyway, time for some basic maintenance and i discovered something scary

The fan touched the (brand new) radiator:

You can clearly see the scrached surface:

It didn't hit the water channels but i think we were lucky. No leaks and the fan looks still ok. The radiator wasn't welded onto the two radiator mounts so it could move back and forwards. This is something i overlooked while installing the new radiator. Completely my own fault but lesson learned!

Made some ghetto-brackets for now to hold the rad in place:

Also changed the coolant again. Put in some radiator flush before the holiday:

Think i need to do it once more...
Arild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote