Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: TPMS tools
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 06:42 PM

jonb2 is on a distinguished road

jonb2 is on a distinguished road
I purchased the Autel MaxiTPMS TS501 a few months ago to reset and update the TMPS sensors on my son's Altima actually. Also used to confirm that the sensors on my 4runner were working ok.

Initially purchased because he put 4 used wheels/tires off another vehicle onto his car and after about a week his TPMS light went on. After looking at my options, I decided to just purchase the tool even though it was a bit more expensive than taking it to the Nissan dealer.

Great tool so far. Was able to read all sensors and detected one bad one as well. Replaced sensor and was able to program the ECU with new sensor id numbers and the TPMS light went out.

Most shops seem to be able to turn off the TPMS light on the dash but will eventually come back on until the computer in the car is programmed with correct id numbers. The model I purchased reads and reprogams the computer.
jonb2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote