View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 08:25 PM

Dropzone is a jewel in the rough Dropzone is a jewel in the rough Dropzone is a jewel in the rough

Dropzone is a jewel in the rough Dropzone is a jewel in the rough Dropzone is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 906-Runner View Post
I installed a new head unit in my 4Runner and now the back window wont roll down with the key. Before putting in the new head unit I could put my key into the lock the hatch and turn and hold it on either side and it would roll up and down, but after the new stereo that function no longer works. So my question is does the wiring of the back window have anything to do with the stock radio?
helps to say what year 4runner you have, but no the window wiring doesn't usually run behind the radio. Hard to say what previous owners have hacked up though
does it work from the switch on your center console? both 1st and 2nd gens have the switch there. Did you remove the center console and run any speaker or amp wiring along the tunnel?

How were your fuses?

Is it possible you have the power window lock on? if so it won't roll down (not sure if that is true for using the key)

@503dropzone on IG
Dropzone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote