Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 05:07 PM

TejasRunner01 will become famous soon enough TejasRunner01 will become famous soon enough

TejasRunner01 will become famous soon enough TejasRunner01 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Projector Retrofit - Aiming Down

Hey Everyone,

I installed the amazon projector's off Amazon found here:

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Mini-...ight+projector

I realize these are cheap and not Morimotos' but they fit the budget at the time.

I have these installed, they look great but they are nearly useless to me as they point too far down and not allowing me to get enough light in the distance. When I am driving, I can see about 10 feet in front of me. I have tried reinstalling these twice (re-baking the lens and everything) and still have not been able to get these to aim higher. I realize that there is an adjustment for the horizontal and vertical adjustment, but they honestly don't provide enough height even when maxed out vertically ( which makes the bottom of the headlight stick out and look terrible)

I believe it must be due to the "conversion" h4 adapter plate and silicone ring. Between the projector, and the actual housing I used the silicone ring as the barrier to keep out moisture ( I believe that is how it is supposed to go ) with the adapter plate and nut on the outside of the housing. I then put the hid bulb in between the adapter plate and clip the spring down. It is as if I need a shim to help angle the projector light up vertically so that I can get further project the light. It doesn't seem like others have had this issue so it may be user error as I am not a professional.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Try not to flame me too bad

Thanks for everyone's help!
Attached Images
Projector Retrofit - Aiming Down-img_20180123_202111-jpg  Projector Retrofit - Aiming Down-img_20180123_202705-jpg  Projector Retrofit - Aiming Down-img_20180123_203018-jpg  Projector Retrofit - Aiming Down-img_20180124_181918-jpg 

Last edited by TejasRunner01; 10-30-2018 at 05:21 PM.
TejasRunner01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote