Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 02:18 PM

weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice

weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice
SS HD Rear LCA and Strong Flex Rear UCA Install

I'm now back to doing some more upgrades after chasing and fixing a noisy accessory belt. I initially assumed it was the A/C compressor going out and rebuilt/resealed a used one in anticipation of having to replace the original one. Ended up figuring that out this was not the case after finding the idler pulley for the A/C compressor belt lying on the top of the skid plates. It's nice to have discovered this easy fix and having a front windshield defroster again now that there's ice on windshields in the morning here in the PNW. Still planning on discharging the A/C so I can fix this disaster with a replacement I bought:

On to the upgrades; I added new Sonoran Steel HD rear lower control arms. Let me say, these things are beefy compared to the OEM arms. I thought about just putting in some new bushings in the OEM arms, but I think these are an upgrade well worth the price:

At the same time, I installed some new Strongflex upper control arm bushings that I purchased at the same time from Steve. I used the @mtbtim method for pressing out/in the old bushings and highly recommend subscribing to his Youtube channel (#shameless plug):

As an aside, I'm still trying to get the *bleep*'n front diff drain plug out. After trying to get a 10mm hex welded in with a HF 125AMP welder, I've still not been able to get it out. Next thing to try is to a drill a hole and extract them with an Irwin extractor kit. I really wish I had air tools so I could hit it with an air chisel or hammer. What a nightmare this is:

weekendclimber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote