View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:34 PM

08SprtEdtn4wd is on a distinguished road

08SprtEdtn4wd is on a distinguished road
Locking Rear Diff Question.....

I have a 4thGen, V8 with the center locking diff. I am attempting to find some info on adding a rear locking diff too. I know I've read in this forum about some people taking the rear locking diff from the FJ and just swapping it. However, the the FJ is a V6.... and I am willing to bet this could cause me a headache.(though not confirmed, I'd be willing to bet the swap was to a V6 4Runner too) I know there are plenty of aftermarket options when it comes to diff lockers, either air or electric, but my intent is to try and see if the FJ swap option is viable for the V8. Anyone have any insights or opinions they'd like to share? I'm all in. Thanks all!
ForceStop Cross Drilled/Slotted rotors w/ceramic pads, FlowMaster Katback Dual OTB Exhaust, Terra Grappler G2s 265/70R17's, Spidetrax wheel spacers, blacked out front grill, 32" LED fitted into front bumper, blacked out headlights w/halos, C4 Hood scoop LED lightbar, CBI hood hinge brackets with flood LEDs, WeatherTech Mats all around, Rear view camera w/monitor in rear view mirror, Pure White interior LEDs all around, FN FXPro wheels, Bilstein 5100 on all corners, OME 2" springs in the front and 1" spacer in the back, C4 LowPro Bumber w/integrated 11.5k SuperWinch, OffGrid Engineering Dual Battery System, Kenwood Head, Toyota Homelink Module, rear/backup LEDs integrated into rear bumper, RSG Rock Rails, Smoker's kit.
08SprtEdtn4wd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote