Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: TPMS tools
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 09:49 PM

E.J.W. is on a distinguished road

E.J.W. is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Update....

Don't mean to bring back my old topic, but I thought you may like an update on what tool I ended up with and it's track record so far.
I picked Autel as I liked the single tool for the job versus a reader and a programmer set up. I checked with the shop that does my state inspections and they use an Autel. So did the local tire store as I stopped there with the Nissan to have them check things. I ended up getting the Autel TS508 as it does its updates via a USB cord to my laptop versus the earlier version TS501 using an SD card to install updates.
So far the TS508 has fixed both our Nissan and Chevy. Each vehicle had one dead sensor so I bought replacement 315 mhz Autel MX sensor(s), removed the dead O.E. sensor(s), manually input the hex ID from the dead sensor into the TS508, program/cloned it to the Autel sensor and installed the new sensor. I then did a position re-learn on both vehicles via the OBD port and the TPMS light(s) went out.
On the Chevy the I noticed that TPMS CPU had been factory set for 35 psi tires. The car has 44 psi tires on it and the TS508 was able to re-write the CPU to the correct psi to match the tires. I am pleased with the tool thus far.
Some might say that Autel tools only being able to program Autel sensors is a negative point. Keep in mind Autel MX sensors come out of the box "blank" with no pre-loaded ID. They need to be cloned to work. If you spend a bit more and buy a "pre-loaded" OE sensor, the TS508 will not have any problem programming the CPU to read this new sensor.