Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 11:07 AM

IBallEngineer will become famous soon enough IBallEngineer will become famous soon enough

IBallEngineer will become famous soon enough IBallEngineer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
Seems like I've come to quite the party here.

98 base 4runner here. Seems that I am having the same problem. I noticed a lot of similarities in the issues.

Headlights will stay on or turn on when the vehicle is off. I noticed water dripping on my foot, looked to see which hole it could be coming through, and plugged it with copious amounts of silicone. It seems to have stopped the h20.

If I turn the switch to parking lights then the headlights turn off. If I turn them on then lights turn on and the manual flash and brights both work. It is the low beams that stay on.

I'm thinking it's the stalk but I'd rather not drop 160 for a new one before checking some more things out. I pulled the headlight relay which seemed to be really stuck on and they immediately turned off. I plugged it back in and they stayed off with normal functionality. There was no corrosion on any of the connectors with the relay or the two headlight fuses. I will post up again if the problem returns.

I have a separate problem with my brake lights not working. The tail lamps work but pressing the brake does not activate the brighter lights. I'm going to check the trailer harness that is tied into the brake lights and see if it helps. I also need to hook up the trailer and test the brake lights to see if they work with a trailer attached.
The stalk is a rare failure. So in park lamp mode the low beams are off, but if you turn it off they turn back on?
2000 4WD sport 3.4 Elocker <--My son's but I still end up paying.
2001 2WD SR5 3.4 <-- My daughter's...see preceding line.
IBallEngineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote