Thread: Wtb gx470/gx460
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 12:19 PM

eevaldes is on a distinguished road

eevaldes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Had a 4Runner and sold it, bought a long travel Tacoma and I’ll be selling it soon, just a little too rough and uncomfortable nor my old fat ass.

Educate me on 470/460’s, is there factory lockers available? Looks like a real transfer case is standard, am I right? What else should I look for or stay away from? I plan to mod the suspension and use it regularly in the Colorado mountains to go where no man should take a Lexus [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can totally see where you're coming from having owned a 4runner and then a Tacoma. The Tacomas are great trucks but feel a lot more unrefined compared to the 4runner and GX models. However, the GX models are so much nicer due to the standard V8 and the standard Lexus luxury amenities. The 470 is basically a Prado 120 (4th gen) and the 460 a Prado 150 (5th gen 4runner). They all have standard 2 speed transfer cases with full time 4wd. Some of the 470s and most 460s have KDSS which is not too much an issue when installing aftermarket suspension systems. There is probably a ton of threads in the forum that breakdown the major differences between the two models. At the end of the day, both are awesome trucks, have lots of power, are super reliable, and can be wheeled hard when equipped right. Good luck!
eevaldes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote