Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 10:12 AM

Stewart is on a distinguished road

Stewart is on a distinguished road
Help me diagnose my problem.

Looking for some of you keyboard mechanics to help me diagnose the problem im having with my 4Runner.

Few details:
2010 SR5
101K miles
BFG All Terrain KO2 tires

The vehicle is always well maintained. All service intervals have been met - oil changed as required.
I think that I may need an alignment but here are the symptoms.

1) +25mph i can hear / feel a vibration that seems to be coming from the passenger front wheel area.
The sound resembles a gear whine or even road noise - you might even call it resonance..

2) I can feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel and gas pedal.

3) the sound is noticeable but know that I also have some aggressive tire tread . this sound im hearing makes the road noise from the tires even louder.

4) The brakes feel to be operating as they should - no vibration / pulsing when braking etc. Braking does not effect the symptoms im having.

5) The feel / noise happens when driving straight or turning left on a sweeping curve.

6) The sound / vibration seems to be lessened when going over undulations (Whoop de doos) in the pavement. (This could be the aggressive tire tread on the BFG's)

6) Whats puzzling is that when i turn right (Sweeping curve or highway ramp) the sound and vibration completely disappear!

So, what do you think?
Alignment issue?
Bearing Issue?
Transfer case issue?
Brake Issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stu