Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:17 AM

honda99ex is on a distinguished road

honda99ex is on a distinguished road
Bottle Jack or Full on Trolley Jack for Maintenance

So my two vehicles (2012 and 2014 vintage) are needing more and more maintenance. I've thus far gotten by with a set of rhino ramps and the factory jack. I like the height of the 4runner OEM jack only that I can use my drill to set it but it doesn't have enough torque to get it up further once loaded so hand cranking for days and days.

I have a set of jack stands already. I guess the other criteria is that both my current vehicles are SUVs so jack lift height is more important than low profile. With the bottle jack I've always propped it on wood to get some needed height. Also my driveway has a slight incline/decline to it, not sure if it makes a difference. Like a 5 degree, max 10 degree slope.

What's better for me and what brand recs? only really using it for tire rotations, fluid changes where I have to either get the car elevated or level, etc.

Thanks
honda99ex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote