View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 02:12 PM

xcmountain80 will become famous soon enough

xcmountain80 will become famous soon enough
2005 Sequoia Stalls after cornering (solved)

My 2005 Toyota Sequoia was experiencing power loss, stalling, failure, holy shit I have no power, my engine just dropped out and I am in traffic. I have been experiencing this for a year or more and it was getting worse leading up until now. I was at a loss, my wife was scared to drive the truck for fear that it would die and stay dead. What it did do was after making a corner, whether stopped or rolled through, then applying the gas, either WOT or easing into it (pulling into traffic). So in a scientific manner I made laps last night getting the power to cut out every single damn time.

Some intense internet researching with different keys words landed me with the suggestion to conduct a zero point calibration. The only thing was that the folks saying this should be conducted had VSC lights on and holding on the dash. I though what the hell it couldn’t hurt.

Zero Point Calibration - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

Did as the instructions said, then drove it again. This time the VSC engaged with the blinking skid light, then an audible alarm, then reduction of rpms, for 1-2 seconds, and back to normal. I could not get the truck to repeat the loss of power for no apparent reason. Zero Calibration worked in solving this problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
xcmountain80 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote