Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 01:44 PM

Location: Stuck in an electric mountain trap in the Pyrenees or Mars, or Spokane WA.
bamma will become famous soon enough

Location: Stuck in an electric mountain trap in the Pyrenees or Mars, or Spokane WA.
bamma will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyguan View Post
get the factory cross bars. i currently have a yakima showcase 15 and it is very close to touching the roof but does not. i noticed 0 reducing in mpg and barely any noise difference.

Yakima does have a larger 20 box as well. i dislike the push button unlock of the showcase and would prefer the lever style unlock.

My car is lifted and with the box it does not clear 7'7 garages so keep that in mind.

The thule use a different style locking system and seems easier to use.

Go to etrailer.com and they have videos and reviews of boxes. very nice to help decide what you want.
The factory rack is short. Go to REI if you have one and test fit. Many standard boxes will interfere with the rear spoiler when opening the lift gate. I put thule crossroad adapter and bars above the rack to get a bit more height.