Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 09:23 AM

ebhudgens is on a distinguished road

ebhudgens is on a distinguished road
Similar problem here. 2018 4Runner with 18,000 miles. Six weeks while driving on the interstate close to Memphis the check engine and trac off lights suddenly came on and the vehicle went into limp mode. After getting towed to a dealer in Memphis it was determined that water had gotten into the air injector system and all injectors and the pump had to be replaced. It was covered under warranty but I was out a hotel stay while it was repaired. This week while driving close to Knoxville the same thing happened. Got a tow to a Knoxville dealer and this time it was the emission valves and some other parts. Now I'm out another nights stay in a hotel plus overages on the tow. So far I'm out about $500 for warranty work on a new vehicle, and Toyota had invested over $4,500 in parts plus shop labor for the repairs. I plan to take this up with the dealer where I purchased the vehicle and see about some help on my expenses plus a possible extension of the warranty on these systems. We've had six Toyotas over the years with no major problems and now this new one is nothing but problems.