View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 11:39 AM

kjbenner is on a distinguished road

kjbenner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAST4R View Post
@kjbenner
It is also an option not to get any sliders. They lose you a good 3" of ground clearance so unless you can drag them, you will be better off without when it comes to their primary function. 17" of stock rocker clearance is plenty even for normal difficult trails and where sliders are really required only steel will do. But it is true that side protection is also a thing especially in forested areas and tight washes in the desert. I don't know if aluminum can resist being pressed from the side as well as steel. But I think you do have a point when it comes to side protection.
You're totally right, and right now I've got no sliders/steps/running boards and no issues. But sometimes I think it would be nice to have a bit of a step of some sort to help my wife get in. I don't want to go with something like nerf steps because of the clearance issues, but don't "need" full sliders. I go round and round on this and who knows if I'll ever do anything about it...