Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 07:27 PM
Elite Member

LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice
Elite Member

LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-grayson View Post
hate to diverge slightly on this thread, but it makes sense to post here rather than starting a fresh thread.

Question: How "deep" does the dipstick fit into the tube? I snapped the yellow head off of my original stick last oil change, so I got an OEM replacement from the stealership. The replacement came with the tube, but i didn't replace that as I only needed the stick.

Long story short, when I put the new dipstick in, It didn't seem to seat properly as I'd expected and remembered. I compared the old dipstick with the new one, and they're identical - except the new one didn't want to "seal" into the old tube. so I stuck with the broken one for now until i can figure it out.

Now between the old broken dipstick, and the new one I can't seem to get seated right, I have completely gone brain dead as to how far the stick "seats" into the tube. Both of them have a rubber gasket that I assume is the stopping point, but I'm so confused now because it seems like neither of them really want to seat well.

Thanks for letting me hijack @kolelt
I would just use the new tube as well (hopefully it comes with a new O-ring). Not hard to replace.
LittleCaesar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote