Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 01:50 PM

Maxie is on a distinguished road

Maxie is on a distinguished road
I have the same HU that I also bought off Crutchfield in my 04 Limited.

Crutchfield customer service was top notch. I use Android Auto and needed the parking brake wire tapped. They also helped me as the previous owner had installed a aftermarket amp and we managed to figure that out and get it all to work. I also used their "ready" harness. Steering wheel controls also work perfectly and are programmable with the HU to make them work the way I wanted. For example., I use the "Hang Up" button to pause play.

I routed the mic up the side pillar to the top corner of the windshield and the female USB into the center console (small hole drilled to feed cable).

I also hooked up a backup cam I bought on Amazon for about $20. It works perfectly, but was a bit of pain to wire to the rear tailgate. Plenty of Youtube vids on how to do it though.

Any other car I now ride in (other peoples or my own) feels inadequate without Android Auto. I love it. The ability to use Google Maps, Spotify and AudioBooks natively on the HU works for me. Being able to speak to it and ask to play a certain song, or navigate to a destination is just great.

I recommend the HU and Crutchfield unreservedly!

Things I don't like...

The warning screen - not needed.
I wish I could stream Youtube/Netflix for my daughter.
The HU is occasionally a little glitchy, and can take a while to bring up my audiobook. This may be my phone or the HU, not sure. Sometimes it's immediate, and sometimes it can take 20 seconds to play.

Last edited by Maxie; 01-29-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Maxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote