View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 12:37 AM

UnderFire has a spectacular aura about UnderFire has a spectacular aura about UnderFire has a spectacular aura about

UnderFire has a spectacular aura about UnderFire has a spectacular aura about UnderFire has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydad View Post
I just got done doing a franken seat for my driver side on my $400 craigs list truck. found a good passenger side in moon mist. I will keep looking for a decent cloth cover set in tan but until then this will do.

before/after - I removed the covers and soaked over night in a 5 gal bucket of shout, oxy clean, dish soap and hot water then washed them in the wash machine and gently tumble on dry. must be gentle on the tumble. really they turn out like brand new in you soak them overnight and wash them.
Those came out great. I've had good luck so far finding seats that are not too far off from good so far, so I haven't had to scavenge too bad. Interesting that you were able to find moon mist but not tan. I'd say the ratio of moon mist to tan I've seen in scrapyards and partouts over the last 5 years is like 15 tan trucks to one moonmist/gray.

For light soil, some stains and maybe a bit of light mold I can usually bring back a cloth seat pretty easily, leaving everything assembled (apart from maybe the plastic sidecovers.)

I start with a liberal vacuuming, like 3-4 passes front ad back. Then I soak with Folex upolstery cleaner, like really soak. I let it sit for a good 15 mins and scrub like hell with a pretty damn stiff bristled brush, then pat/wipe the seat off and soak up all the moisture with a regular t-shirt style rag (Usually takes almost a whole bag to do a really dirty full set). Once I've done the Folex process at least a couple times they are usually pretty good, if needed I do a soak with Tuff Stuff and scrub some more, when I'm done if it's cold out they get a heater put on em overnight to dry em out before they go in the truck.

Don't have any pics of ones I've done, but I had really good luck with this bringing back a moldy set of seats out of an 07 Tacoma.

The "shitmobile" 500$ 3RZ Auto 4Runner - (Saved from the Scrapyard: Resurrecting a 500$ 3rd Gen

02 Tacoma Double Cab, mid-travel, locked, armored, supercharged and riced. (Longbed and 5 speed in the works)
UnderFire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote