Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 10:37 AM

Boort will become famous soon enough Boort will become famous soon enough

Boort will become famous soon enough Boort will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyDiehard View Post
Have you ever gotten into your 4Runner, go to turn the ignition key, and it just won't turn? (Imagine installing someone elses key into your ignition, that's what it feels like). I don't try to force it. Instead, I remove the key a couple times and try again. A few tries later it finially turns easy and starts.
Not an issue on my 4Runner, but my 97 Tacoma's been doing this off and on for a couple of years. Most likely the key, tumbler pins in the ignition, or both have worn due to the key jiggling in the ignition over the years. I had an old spare that was seldom used which I had another key key made from that helped for a while but time is catching up on that key now.

I've gotten to a point that when the keys goes in I can generally feel if it's not going to turn. There is a little hitch on the way in. if you don't want to change out the ignition switch and deal with 2 keys you'll get used to feeling for it.

Boort