Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 01:21 PM

svana is on a distinguished road

svana is on a distinguished road
I bought one off of Amazon a few months ago that had a hinge to fold flat and only came with a sticky backed tape to protect the body from damage of the step. I returned it because it was advertised to come with a more robust rubber boot, so I never got to try it. In that situation the hinge would've been the obvious weak point. Here it looks like it eliminates that problem (of course at the cost of portability) - I might consider trying one out (I'm 240 for reference). If it's one solid piece of aluminum, I think it should be able to hold (I'm not an engineer, I only hire them lol). The door latches are bolted into much more than sheet metal - if I understand correctly, they're required to hold a door in place for up to 4,500N (~1,000lb of force). Of course that's lateral force versus vertical force, but still. Wife was actually the one who brought it up since she's clocking in at 5'3 and cant reach the rack all that easily.
svana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote