Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 05:13 PM

jimgsmith is on a distinguished road

jimgsmith is on a distinguished road
I’m torn between the RAV4 TRD Off Road and a 4R. I live in the city, so the RAV4 is probably more practical during the week. But on the weekend I like to get out of the city and the 4R would probably be better. I think it comes down to 2 things:
1. How much can a RAV4 handle? I am not going to be climbing rocks or blazing hydro cuts, but I want to get my mountain bike, kayak, SUP and hiking shoes to the best spots. How much do you think this RAV4 can handle?
2. I like the idea of having a foldout tent on the roof and a fridge in the back. Drive wherever you want and sent up camp in minutes. For those that have this setup, do you leave it on all the time, or have to install it whenever you’re heading out on a trip? And is this a PITA?

If the RAV4 can handle what I’m likely to throw at it, and the 4R is going to be a ton of work to attach the gear every time I want to use it, well...
jimgsmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote