Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 09:09 AM

TurtleAdventure is on a distinguished road

TurtleAdventure is on a distinguished road
Shutter at 55 and up

What do you guys think about this.
98 SR5 4x4 automatic all stock, 160K miles. Basically it is my winter car and some random other season driving.

Anyways. It shutters at 55 and up kind of bad. It was doing this and I felt steering vibrations and shake. So I new LBJ, UBJ, outter tie rods, new tires, rims, alignment.

Now there is nothing in the steering. There isnt even any slack in it. Going 55 shutter starts and I can let go of the wheel and it goes straight. I dont even feel much in the wheel. But the whole truck is shaking.

Anyone else have something similar? My guess is something in the drive line like a messed up drive shaft.

Thanks friends

Update
Interesting thing happened. It drove smooth at 70 on my way home. I hit a pothole and it started with the vibration/shutter again. Then again a few potholes latter 70 and smooth. When it isnt ice and snow everywhere I will jack it up and see what is loose. Hopefully and easy fix.

Last edited by TurtleAdventure; 02-12-2019 at 09:25 AM.
TurtleAdventure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote