Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:31 AM

IBallEngineer will become famous soon enough IBallEngineer will become famous soon enough

IBallEngineer will become famous soon enough IBallEngineer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleAdventure View Post
What do you guys think about this.
98 SR5 4x4 automatic all stock, 160K miles. Basically it is my winter car and some random other season driving.

Anyways. It shutters at 55 and up kind of bad. It was doing this and I felt steering vibrations and shake. So I new LBJ, UBJ, outter tie rods, new tires, rims, alignment.

Now there is nothing in the steering. There isnt even any slack in it. Going 55 shutter starts and I can let go of the wheel and it goes straight. I dont even feel much in the wheel. But the whole truck is shaking.

Anyone else have something similar? My guess is something in the drive line like a messed up drive shaft.

Thanks friends
The symptom you are describing can only be a rotating imbalance. The speed sensitive nature makes me inclined to point at the wheels or tires. I know you say you installed new tires and rims. Can you give more information about them? Either they are not balanced correctly(dynamic) or are faulty. Of course you could also have an issue with the front hub/rotor, as they rotate too.
2000 4WD sport 3.4 Elocker <--My son's but I still end up paying.
2001 2WD SR5 3.4 <-- My daughter's...see preceding line.
IBallEngineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote