Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 09:38 PM

17KT4R will become famous soon enough

17KT4R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
Morimoto is the brand, they're produced in Taiwan. TRS will have them too...but we'll be the first to get em in the States!
Interesting... Give that final product very close scrutiny, in fact I'd run them through a winter where the facia / lexan is getting pelted with typical winter debris, also see how they stand up against 100deg sun, harsh UV exposure. Compare the thickness of the plastic in the final product, how optical clarity is maintained.

I'm hopeful too but have seen so much out of Taiwan or elsewhere that sure look like OEM Porsche, BMW, Mercedes lighting (typically products that make your older gen model look current) which quickly yellow in the sun, have poor UV coating that fades colour even chrome, poor alignment of LED's or the illumination is only good at one angle, and lexan / plastic whatever that just can't cope beyond the showroom with typical temperature extremes (sealing issues, spider cracking etc).

Won't be an early adopter but it has my attention for sure, wishing / hoping for the best!

By the way - are you maintaining distribution in Canada as well on your product line or is it all going to the US? Cause typically - I'm sure you know, we get killed with additional import fees never mind the current exchange rate