Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 01:15 AM

vipergrhd is on a distinguished road

vipergrhd is on a distinguished road
DMV approval?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBoomer04 View Post
Do the company(s) who offer the replacement webbing service have DMV approval ratings? I would assume so because it's a huge liability issue but I'd hate to install new belts that aren't DMV approved and then sell the vehicle to an unsuspecting buyer who then gets in an accident and the stitching fails. Could you potentially be liable if you install a product that is not DMV approved?

I know its a remote chance of all that happening, but let's face it off-roading can be dangerous - vehicles and occupants can be exposed to more risk.

I am considering replacing my wife's Sonata webbing because she managed to get it caught in the door and it cut the webbing. Currently not letting her drive it!

I have sent an inquiry to one company about the issue of DMV approval.
Where did you get this information? Any links to this? I never knew DMV can be involve in this kind of repair. Maybe BAR?
vipergrhd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote