View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 05:09 PM

thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold

thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by heq206 View Post
I've put a deposit down on a 2020 4Runner TRD Pro. I actually like the look of the FJ Style roof rack, but I have a couple of concerns:

1. I will lose some functionality, it's not that "big/long".

I go camping a handful of times throughout the year and we usually put a big Thule Pulse L Cargo box on top. It's 6'4" long, so I already know that wouldn't fit on the stock rack. I could just stay with the stock roof rack and get a smaller roof box, but I'm thinking that cargo box would be really small. We also bike, and my kids are getting bigger (7 and 9 years old) and soon we won't be able to put their bikes in the back cargo area (like we do in our Sienna w/the 3rd row down). So those would either have to go on top or on a bike hitch.

2. The height of the TRD Pro with the stock rack appears to be 79.5" (According to this thread: Height of 2019 TRD Pro).

My garage only has an 81" high opening. So this would be cutting it REALLY close. I don't plan on lifting. I do plan on getting BFG All-Terrain tires, but at the same stock tire size.

As for the Gobi Stealth Rack, I like the style of it. But, I'd probably want to get the one with the sunroof opening.

Question I have: Would it be crazy to order the Gobi Rack now while I'm waiting for the 2020 4Runner TRD Pro? That way I wouldn't have to "wait" for the Gobi rack to be delivered. The roof rack mounts should stay in the same spots according to the photos. I highly doubt they would change that.

If I do buy, I may wait until there's a few more announcements. Like confirmation of a moonroof.

Thanks in advance... Just wanted to see what you guys think as well.
I'll give you a 'guy on the street' opinion.

Keep in mind that I'm not savvy on these things at all. That said, I would never buy an accessory for a truck I didn't possess. Just me and my life - I hate post-purchase regrets. If you can wait on the truck and can wait on the Gobi, then wait. BUT, if the timing is crucial to some trip you're making and the risk doesn't bother you, go for it. Life is to be lived, after all.
thennen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote