View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 09:11 AM

Black798 is just really nice Black798 is just really nice Black798 is just really nice Black798 is just really nice

Black798 is just really nice Black798 is just really nice Black798 is just really nice Black798 is just really nice
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that at least 90% of the guys out there wheeling their 4runner don't need beadlocks. With 33 inch tires I feel like they're going to be a total waste of money for a few reasons.

1 33s hold beads really well, I routinely ran my 33s down to 8psi and never had a problem without beadlocks. They aren't that much bigger than stock tires and on a decent rimthey hold just fine

2 no tire shop will mount your tires if you have beadlocks, mostly because of liability and also because it's a major pain in the ass. Lots of bolts that need to be torqued multiple times, 5 hours to mount 4 tires is about the norm I've heard with beadlocks if you know what you're doing.

End of the day it's your money and your truck but I think the money could be spent better elsewhere. Those rims also have a high likelyhood to cause rubbing on your upper control arms. Stock Toyota rims are 4.5" backspacing where those are 4.75". It's only a quarter of an inch but when I ran 33s on stock rims they cleared the UCA by milimeters

Last edited by Black798; 02-22-2019 at 09:18 AM.
Black798 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote